Heart & Hand Center is looking for a new Operations and Finance Manager to join our Team! If you are interested in applying, please see details below. Looking forward to growing our team!
Heart & Hand is looking for a detail oriented, compassionate, and motivated Operations & Finance Manager who is dedicated to ensuring that all children have the opportunity to succeed.
Heart & Hand Center is a nonprofit organization which disrupts the cycle of poverty for children and families in northeast Denver through community-based programming. Through long term relationships, out-of-school programming, and support for children and families, Heart & Hand Center empowers all young people to realize their potential. For more information, visit www.heartandhandcenter.org. Join a team of passionate and hardworking professionals who value family, community, connection, respect, and opportunity.
The below outlines primary responsibilities of the Operations & Finance Manager, but additional duties may arise at the request of the organization or because of the Operations & Finance Manager’s skills or interest.
● Lead recruitment and application screening for all open job positions
● Provide leadership in part-time hiring including interviewing candidates, and support for full-time hiring including scheduling and creating offer letters
● Manage employee onboarding processes including sending necessary paperwork and trainings
● Lead employee offboarding process
● Maintain employee timesheets and employee files with regard to required documentation for trainings, background checks, and other relevant information
● Communicate benefits and status of PTO with part-time team members ● Collaborate to streamline human resources processes including: timesheets, employee handbook distribution, and on-boarding activities
● Research and communicate relevant professional development opportunities to team on a monthly basis
● Office and Center management including maintenance, researching contractors and acting as on-site contact (tracking data)
● Fleet management including van rentals, scheduled maintenance, repairs, and cross site coordination (tracking data)
● Assist with licensing and inspection requirements as needed
● Support COO in researching and drafting relevant organizational policies
● Organize data to be accessible and understandable to a variety of audiences
● Collect and analyze family, student and community survey data
● Coordinate with Executive Director, Program Director, and COO to complete specific evaluation projects as needed
Finance - opportunity for growth into this role
● Allocate monthly payroll and organize payroll receipts for grant reporting
● Update budget with monthly actuals and work with Chief Operating Officer to reforecast as needed
● Manage employee expense receipts
● Provide support with audit, 990, and other financial reporting requirements as needed
● Oversee execution of document retention policy
● Opportunity to join one of Heart & Hands’ committees
○ Culture Committee
○ Belonging, Equity, Diversity, and Race Committee (BEDR)
● Support programs and cross-functional projects as needed, including attending bi-weekly Program Manager meetings
● Support annual fundraisers as needed
● Other duties as assigned, AKA the weird, strange, odd, sometimes wonderful and sometimes challenging things that come with working for a small nonprofit organization
You will be successful in this job if you
● Love companioning people through situations by being an intentional thought partner, good listener, and able to see the whole human when working with team members ○ Have a special way of making people feeling valued
● Get things done quickly and efficiently
● Get excited about the “what ifs” and run with them
● Have a growth mindset - People with a growth mindset feel their skills and intelligence can be improved with effort and persistence. They embrace challenges, persist through obstacles, learn from criticism and seek out inspiration in others' success.
● At least 2 years of experience in operations, administration, management, finance, and/or HR
o This experience in a nonprofit setting is a plus
● Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Google Drive
o Quickbooks and Zoom proficiency are a plus
● Must demonstrate: a high level of motivation, organization, attention to detail, timeliness, and an ability to exercise discretion, anticipate needs, adapt to changing priorities, and respond to multiple demands
● Employment is contingent on a criminal background check
Work Schedule and Compensation
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday.
Salary range is $50,000-$55,000. Health and dental benefits are available. Generous time off policy including 2 week office closure at the end of the calendar year, and a friendly work environment.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Operations & Finance Manager application as the subject line.