Heart & Hand Center is looking for a new Development Manager to join our Leadership Team! If you are interested in applying, please see details below. Looking forward to growing our team!
The Heart & Hand Center is looking for a Development Manager who is dedicated to ensuring that all children have the opportunity to succeed.
Heart & Hand (H&H) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that empowers all young people to realize their potential. H&H runs after school and summer programming for 2rd-12th grade youth that addresses the needs of the whole child.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Heart & Hand Development Manager will support the fundraising strategy and drive the execution of resource development for Heart & Hand’s annual operating budget. Join a team of passionate and hardworking professionals who value family, community, connection, respect, and opportunity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Heart & Hand Development Manager is responsible for all philanthropic support, which allows us to achieve our mission and maximize our impact in the community. This position is responsible for implementing and improving upon the current development plan and supporting the procurement of approximately $1,000,000 in donations annually. The Development Manager is responsible for crafting a long-term development plan, expanding and diversifying Heart and Hand’s funder base and growing a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization. The Development Manager is supported by our Development Coordinator and will work closely with the Executive Director to provide support for the Board of Directors and the Community Board.
The ideal Development Manager has a proven track record of meeting aggressive fundraising goals. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Heart and Hand’s visibility, impact and financial resources so the organization can deliver on its mission. The Development Manager must be an exceptional leader who sets high expectations and is passionate about enabling their team to meet those expectations. Knowledge of and passion for community development, youth protective factors and relationship management strategies are key to this position’s success.
Below is an outline of primary responsibilities. Heart & Hand is a team oriented environment where we all take on additional tasks as needed to fulfill our mission.
• Lead the creation and implementation of a comprehensive development strategy to identify, secure and grow corporate, foundation and individual gifts.
• Develop and implement a major gift growth and stewardship plan that significantly increases revenue year over year and instills a sense of authentic gratitude.
• Enhance corporate giving and partnerships; elevate current sponsorships and expand corporate giving prospects and programs.
• Support foundation giving, build relationships with key foundations and maintain and grow a robust grant calendar resulting in numerous successful proposals.
• Support annual fundraising events; develop and strengthen relationships with new and existing donors; meet revenue projections for each event.
• Lead the revenue forecasting projections and goal setting for fundraising on an annual and ongoing basis.
• Lead development team in an inclusive and collaborative manner to create a culture of philanthropy and meet or exceed fundraising goals.
• Oversee and maintain fundraising database to ensure integrity, accurate records and ease of use. • Create and manage the development budget.
• Ensure that all proposal budgets, financial documents and grant reports are timely, accurate and aligned with organizational strategic priorities and grant obligations.
• Track key performance indicators for the development team to ensure goals are met. • Create a team-based environment where team members are supported appropriately to meet their individual goals along with collective ones.
• Attend board meetings and continually work with the Executive Director and Board to create and maintain a genuine culture of philanthropy.
• Develop strategies to leverage individual strengths and connections of the Board of Directors to increase philanthropic revenue.
• Work alongside the Executive Director to attain 100% board giving each year.
• 3+ years as a fundraising professionals through sponsorship and corporate fundraising. High focus on developing relationships with new companies.
• Proven ability to effectively develop and steward long-term relationships with high-net-worth individuals, corporations and foundations.
• Value of diversity, inclusivity, equality and equity.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively manage development communications related to storytelling and advance the case for support and build long-term trusting relationships on behalf of the organization.
• Strategic and innovative thinker with ability to manage short-term and long-term plans and goals with a record of achieving results.
• Successful in managing a team of staff members. Effective team worker and welcomes collaboration.
• Strong organizational skills and a tenacious problem solver.
• Dynamic professional who can handle large and fast-paced yet equitable workloads. • Ability to develop and successfully manage a budget.
• Exceptional level of authenticity and integrity.
• Degree or certificate as a fundraising professional.
• Experience with donor database management best practices. Salesforce experience is highly preferred.
• High level of self-awareness, humility, interpersonal skills, humor and emotional intelligence.
Classification, Compensation, Schedule and Benefits: This is a full time, salaried, non-exempt position. Salary range is between $50,000- $60,000 annually depending on experience.
Schedule and Work Environment:
• Heart & Hand offers a flexible work schedule that can fit the applicant’s needs. • Some evenings and weekends may be required to fulfill the duties of this position.
• This position qualifies for benefits, including: employer contributions to health and dental care; generous time off policy including 19 paid holidays; fun and flexible, mission driven environment with strong staff culture; and perks such as a weekly staff yoga class.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed and interviews will take place on a rolling basis until July 5, 2022